Saturday, March 22, 2014

Colour of Couture

Hi Readers,

Colour of Couture is an organization that celebrates the beauty and culture of women of color, ethnicity of women and style of women who were not born or in this case,  created not to look like what is considered the mainstream's standard of beauty, style or culture. COC is also involved in many charity organizations and social causes for the betterment of society. This is a pageant that wants to see more than your beauty. As one of my old modeling teachers used to say, "In SL anyone can be beautiful, but what else are you?" COC, asks that same question. COC does not mean you were born à woman of color, but it does challenge you to show and display your fashion challenge with respect to the ethnicity you are representing. With that being said.

Last year I applied to be apart of this amazing group and had the opportunity to walk their runway, but no further. I walked away gaining valuable insight and information. The ladies taught me some lessons I still use today. This time.... I made it. Now I have this new opportunity and I am enjoying it.


 


Readers follow me in this journey and it should be fun and interesting path. Do I hope to win or place? Sure I do...Just come along and see. Let me know your thoughts or you have suggestions; I am always willing to discuss it and see how it fits in a current challenge.  Thanks a lot! This should be fun :). Since this this one is about the pageant, I thought I'd add one of my favorite songs. Enjoy!


Happy Birthday Chaka!!

No comments:

Post a Comment